Sunday 16 October 2011

Three heads are better than one!


My vintage scarf inspired these little cuties. When wearing the scarf one day with red lipstick (as you do) my Dad remarked that I looked like a Russian Doll. One thing led to another and I started working on the design.

After some research I drew the image in Illustrator. I needed to keep it simple to suit the die-stamping process and the small image size when printed on a correspondence card.

An earlier version of the Illustrator Drawing



But, the illustration really came to life when die-stamped from an engraved die in my favourite colours - gold, red and blue. Available to buy from Mount Street Printers (£13.95 for a pack of 10 with tissue lined envelopes).

The finished correspondence cards with blue tissue lined envelopes


If you are big into the Russian Doll theme check out Hazel Nicholl's designs on her blog  http://hazelnicholls.blogspot.com/  She has prints and cotton totes printed with a Russian Doll - I love the wording that accompanies her doll "Its whats inside that counts".

1 comment:

  1. Stationery is a permanent shop. That contains different kinds of materials, esp. wedding materials, birth announcement, christmas cards, gifts etc. There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Thanks
    Bespoke Stationery

    ReplyDelete